Thursday, August 21, 2008

Where did she learn this?


This afternoon, my daughter made me giggle and I have to tell you why. The story has a sprinkling of potty humor involved, so brace yourself. (I promise it's tame.)

I had a friend over for afternoon tea. We were chit-chatting away, my daughter was amusing herself clambering on to and off of the sofa. In the midst of teatime festivities, I heard her toot - loudly. I looked at her open-mouthed.

"Did you just toot?"

She didn't miss a beat. She gave me a quick look, scurried over to the other side of the room and grabbed her much-loved dolly. Then (and every word of this is true), she sniffed her baby's behind, crinkled up her nose and waved her chubby little hand back and forth in front of her nose in the 'peww!' motion.

She was blaming the toot on her dolly!

I was stunned - and impressed. Such a smooth recovery, she's not even two!

My friend and I were quite overcome by these antics but, while we were having a hearty chuckle, Pudding Pie didn't miss a beat. She resumed her couch gymnastics, apparently with a clear conscience. As far as she was concerned, the case was closed.

I guess it is. We'll have to give that dolly a bit of a lesson in etiquette though.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

oh my goodness that is too funny!! Kayla blamed Lucas one time when I asked her if she tooted, "no, Lucas!" and he was in the other room sleeping!

Staci A said...

Just stopping over from MomDot. What a cute story! Don't you love the stories kids come up with?

Anonymous said...

Well said.