Monday, August 18, 2008

Thumbs up for eco-friendly Clorox product

Doing the dishes is not my idea of a good time, but I have found a product that makes the task less of a dreaded chore. Allow me to introduce Green Works Natural Dishwashing Liquid from Clorox.

The first time I used this, I thought 'Hmm, that's a nice smell.' I squirted a bit more into the pot I was grumpily scouring and a flicker of a smile actually crossed my face. It's nice to use a dish soap that smells good; it's not bland, nor does it have the overpowering, sickly sweet and quite dreadful scent of some other dish soaps I've used. I am enamored with the smell of the Original, but Clorox also offers four other scents: Water Lily, Tangerine, Free & Clear and Simply Lemon.

Well, now that we've got that out of the way, a delightful smell is lovely, but does the Green Works Natural Dishwashing Liquid do the job? I used it on my pots, both my glass and porcelain dishes, and my daughter's endless supply of sippy cups - and I found it worked very well. The dishes came out clean and I didn't have to rinse and rinse - and rinse some more - to get rid of the sticky residue a dish soap can leave behind.

Another plus: I spend of lot of time each day sudsing up my daughter's high chair feeding tray after messy meals, and I was more than happy to use a product made with natural, plant-based ingredients derived from coconuts, as well as essential oils. Now I can give her a clean feeding tray and my hands don't take such a beating.

The Green Works products use biodegradable ingredients, are packaged in recyclable bottles and are not tested on animals. So, if you'd like to live a greener life but you still want your cleaning products to pack a punch, try Green Works !

Green Works products are available everywhere that Clorox products are sold, and they range in price from $2.99 to $3.59.

No comments: