Saturday, August 2, 2008

I heart her

My Pudding Pie is growing so fast and, while it makes me so proud to watch her clocking up her milestones, it also saddens me that my little girl is hurtling so quickly away from babyhood.

I know this sounds cliched, but it's true: nothing could have prepared me for the overwhelming love I have for this perfect little creature. She truly is the sweetest, smartest, funniest person I've ever met.

For now, we get to spend all day, every day together and there's nothing I'd rather be doing. With Pudding Pie, each day is a new adventure; I'm reminded of how the world appears through the eyes of a child.

Perhaps the best thing about being mom to Pudding Pie is that she thinks I totally rock. She doesn't think I'm fat or frumpy, she doesn't mind when I spend half the day in my pyjamas, she doesn't care when I forget to put on make up, she looks at me and she sees one thing: Mommy.

No comments: