Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there! I made a deal with my husband - no flowers, no chocolates etc, what I wanted was a little Me Time. And I got it - one hour exactly! He took care of our almost 16-month-old Pudding Pie and I escaped to the bathroom. I had a long, leisurely soak in the tub, then I gave myself a facial and a pedicure. It was pure heaven! I was out of the tub, dressed, just settling down on the sofa and hoping to read a few pages of my novel when I heard the pitter patter of little feet - and big feet . . . In came hubby plus Pudding Pie. She gave me a "where the heck have you been?" look while clambering up into my lap and hubby mumbled something about needing to do a diaper change but not knowing where the wipes were . . . It was good while it lasted!

No comments: