Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Making Low-Carb Living a Little Easier

Life is busy these days, too busy. The days are blurring into weeks and the weeks into months. Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner and I'm still coming to terms with summer being over. It feels like everything needs to be done on the run and, while I have quick and healthy meal planning for Pudding Pie down to an art, I never seem to have the time or the inclination to do the same for myself. I should be positively waif-like with all the running around that we do, but I am not. Instead, I am twenty pounds over my ideal weight - and I am sporting the dreaded 'muffin top'!


I long to shed my unwanted pounds, so I'm thrilled about the Cuisine line from Atkins. They have launched two new fiber-filled, low in sugar products to help make cooking and baking easy.The new All Purpose Baking Mix and Penne Pasta fit perfectly into a low-carb lifestyle and, when you try them with one of Atkins' cool recipes like Penne with Fresh Tomatoes, Lemon and Feta or Rich Chocolate Brownies, you won't have to temper your enjoyment with the usual guilt about indulging.

To celebrate the launch of these new products, Atkins has announced an online recipe contest where you can share your own recipe featuring the All Purpose Baking Mix or Penne Pasta and win great prizes. I'm working on a delicious, yet low-carb pancake recipe myself. Think strawberries . . .
Recipes can be submitted to atkins.com by September 30, 2009.

“I wrote this review while participating in a blog campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Atkins and received samples to facilitate my candid review. In addition, Mom Central sent me a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.”

No comments: