Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Rainbow Party

It has been three months since the event, but better late then never! The following is a quick post about Pudding Pie's fabulous rainbow-themed 5th birthday bash.

How do you fancy our rainbow banner? I think we had about 80 balloons in this! All balloons blown up the old school way by Mommy. Next time, I'm investing in one of those balloon pumps! I found a wonderful step-by-step tutorial on how to execute this at Design Mom.


The invitations and rainbow labels were custom designed by the super talented Heather of Chickabug.





I made the  rainbow cake, and although it had a rather severe tilt (6 layers will do that), I was so pleased with the end result. (My first time working with fondant, too!) My dear friend, Jackie, of 1derful Bakes, gave me a crash course in fondant decorating, and Pudding Pie decorated the top with edible markers. I wish I could say I came up with the rainbow cake recipe on my own, but I didn't. I have the Whisk Kid to thank for this found via Sweetapolita's fab site thank you, talented ladies!





Pudding Pie rocked her rainbow leotard from Jilly Beans (worn backwards as it turns out).

 The food was rainbow-themed wherever possible. Rainbow slice 'n bake cookies found via the Good Life Eats blog. My finished result did not exactly resemble hers, but I like to think it was close!


Rainbow treats galore!

So much fun! I do recommend the rainbow theme; the possibilities are endless. Your biggest problem will be where to stop!

1 comment:

Heather - Chickabug said...

What a sweet party Katherine had!! I love all the ideas you got from blogs, like the balloon arch, the cookies, and the scribble cake. Thank you for mentioning me - I really appreciate it! : )