October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month and Props & Pans is on board with a joint effort by Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, MGM Home Entertainment and Susan G. Komen for the Cure to raise awareness for breast cancer.
Props & Pans is offering readers the chance to win something from a great cause - and do something for a great cause. Help raise breast cancer awareness and give yourself a chance to win this DVD’s for the Cure set!
It includes the following 15 romantic comedies in special pink packaging, available for individual purchase beginning September 23, 2008:
A Walk in the Clouds
An Affair to Remember
In Her Shoes
Never Been Kissed
Thelma & Louise
There’s Something About Mary
The Princess Bride
Just My Luck
Little Miss Sunshine
When Harry Met Sally.
From the National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (NBCAM) site:
Since the program began in 1985, mammography rates have more than doubled for women age 50 and older and breast cancer deaths have declined.
This is exciting progress, but there are still women who do not take advantage of early detection at all and others who do not get screening mammograms and clinical breast exams at regular intervals.
· Women age 65 and older are less likely to get mammograms than younger women, even though breast cancer risk increases with age.
· Hispanic women have fewer mammograms than Caucasian women and African American women.
· Women below poverty level are less likely than women at higher incomes to have had a mammogram within the past two years.
· Mammography use has increased for all groups except American Indians and Alaska Natives.
For more about NBCAM, please visit http://www.nbcam.org/. For additional information, please call one of the following toll-free numbers: American Cancer Society,
(800) 227-2345, National Cancer Institute (NCI), (800) 4-CANCER, Y-ME National Breast Cancer Organization, (800) 221-2141.
The National Breast Cancer Awareness Month program is dedicated to increasing public knowledge about the importance of early detection of breast cancer. Fifteen national public service organizations, professional associations, and government agencies comprise the Board of Sponsors, who work together to ensure that the NBCAM message is heard by thousands of women and their families.
(NBCAM material taken from www.nbcam.org)
Stop by Props and Pans to learn more about how you can do your bit to raise awareness. Contest open until October 1st, 2008.