Sunday, May 4, 2008

Favorite motherhood moment

This has been a better week, my little Pudding Pie is in much better health and she's back to her feisty ways. We spent a fabulous morning at the park; she played in the sand and got the stuff absolutely everywhere. Not to worry, we washed it off at the water park and I would have had to drag her away from there kicking and screaming if it wasn't for the fact that a man walking his dog crossed our path and diverted her - she is mesmerised by dogs and enthusiastically 'woowoowoos' whenever she sees one.

Over at 5 Minutes for Mom they're hosting a contest where you share a favorite motherhood moment. (Click on this post's title to link to their site.) I'm finding it hard to choose. For me, motherhood continues to be one giant, privileged, magical moment. I'll pick my fave moment from this last week.

Pudding Pie and I have introduced a new aspect to her bedtime routine. We close the bedroom door, turn off the light and snuggle together in the bed. Then, in a quiet voice, I recount the events of her day. The cutest part is that I can feel her beside me listening intently to my words and, every so often, I feel her head nodding vigorously, even occasionally blurting something out - I guess as she is reminded of a particularly fun part of the day. I love knowing that my 15-month-old daughter is lying beside me, not only understanding what I'm telling her, but giving me her input too. My baby girl is growing up.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

That is precious.

Nikki said...

That is so sweet! Can you believe we're about to have our 2nd Mother's Day?!